How PropertyFox is Helping To Prevent the Spread Of COVID-19
President Cyril Ramaphosa’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic has been swift and decisive and we, at PropertyFox, will be doing all we can to apply his recommended protocols in our business.
At the same time, we are very conscious of keeping our business operational both to protect the livelihood of our agents and employees and to continue to offer a vital service to the buyers and sellers of property in South Africa.
As one of the few truly innovative South African real estate agencies, we are in a fortunate position to continue our operations as usual, while still implementing decisive measures to keep everyone as safe as possible. We are deeply committed to playing our role in mitigating the spread of Covid-19.
In light of this, we are implementing the following precautionary measures across the business to mitigate the risk of virus transmission:
As a digital first real estate agency, we already have measures in place to ensure that our clients and agents continue to have the support and backing from PropertyFox’s infrastructure, from valuations to marketing and listing reports.
To ensure that we mitigate the risk of the pandemic, and do everything in our power to assist in ‘flattening the curve’, as a company we continue to keep abreast of the latest information as guided by The Worldwide Health Organisation (WHO), and have in addition implemented the following protocols:
- Any agents who fall within a high risk category (who may have been in direct contact with a COVID-19 person, or if they recently returned from or travelled abroad to a high-risk country themselves, or have had contact with someone who has, will self-isolate remotely. They will continue to work: follow up on leads, marketing the property, etc.
- No client contact will take place with clients from agents who fall within this high-risk category. Our head office will ensure that all client interfacing requirements are either handled by a fully briefed substitute, or managed remotely via call or video call.
- All agents have been briefed to practice standard safety protocols, including:
- Establishing from sellers whether anyone on the premises is high-risk, if so, no property visits will take place until it is deemed safe to do so.
- No physical contact with sellers or prospective buyers. (no handshakes, or sharing of pens etc)
- Observe social distancing during appointments.
- Thorough sanitising of hands, keys, mobile phones etc before, during and after appointments.
- Rely as much as possible on digital documentation to avoid any handling of physical collateral.
- Buyers will be requested to adhere to the same safety procedures.
Show day Procedures:
- We have suspended the majority of our house show days in order to limit social contact. Instead, we will coordinate appointments and book slots on the weekend around normal show day hours. This will limit the number of people viewing homes at the same time and allow us to carefully manage the viewing process.
- If an agent does elect to proceed with a show day, there will be a hand sanitising station at the entrance to the home and the agent showing the home will ensure the necessary space is kept between themselves and the viewer.
- They will also record details of the viewers electronically.
- As a tech-led company, we are in the fortunate position of running our business largely electronically, limiting unnecessary face-to-face interactions. As such, we will be able to continue with data-driven valuations remotely. This means, for the foreseeable future, we will be doing valuations using our data-driven platform alongside images of the property, which negates the need for unnecessary face-time. In doing so, there will be no slowing of the listing process. As a result, if an agent or client wishes to list a property over the next few weeks when so many of us will work remotely, it can be done extremely effectively via telephone and emails. So the property won’t lose valuable time in the market.
- In addition, we use digital software for signing mandates and other important documents which is a paperless, electronic method.
The above are some of the measures that we have put in place, but the fight against COVID-19 remains a collective responsibility. We advise all clients and agents to also follow the personal hygiene guidelines as set out by the WHO and the National Department of Health.
We’d like to extend our best wishes to everyone at this very tough time. We are convinced that by all pulling together as a society we can slow the spread of the virus, while still keeping our businesses trading as well as possible under the circumstances.
We will continue to monitor the developments of the COVID-19 pandemic both locally and abroad, and update or change our procedures as needed.
Please use our website to request a remote valuation or to search for properties in your area or to learn about our electronic listing process. Contact [email protected] or call us on 087 625 0369 for more detail on our points above.